Unfortunately The official tumblr webshop is still in beta.
This means that installing a premium theme Native Citizens is a little harder then we would like it to be.
To install a premium theme:
- Unzip the THEME-
*.zip file (see file contents).
- Browse the THEME/PREVIEWS folder, select the layout that fits your needs.
- Look up the template source file (.html) in one of the preset folders.
- Open the template source file in a browser (safari, firefox, ie, chrome)
- Right click somewhere in the browser and click the “view source” option
- Select all the source code
- Copy the source code
IMPORTANT don’t use the code that appears in your browser,
use only the code that shows up when you’ve clicked the “view source” option
It should start with:
- Surf to http://www.tumblr.com and login with your details
- Go to customize appearance
- Click the edit HTML button
- Remove existing code and paste the source code
- Go back to appearance options
IMPORTANT the tumblr preview and appearance options will sometimes
cache settings. So be patient, and be sure to always check the
end result of your customizations.
- Click Save
- Click close
- Your Done
This instruction is also included in your theme’s README.txt